about purplegirl
Oh wow, I could say a ton on this topic. :) Let's see...I'm a college student with a major in journalism and a minor in family and consumer sciences. I am very blessed to have a very wise and caring mom and dad and two loving older sisters. :) But the most important part of my life is Jesus Christ. Without Him, I would not have any reason to live. He should be the center of everything I do because He died for me on the cross so I would not have to pay for my punishment of sin. He paid that punishment for me and because of that, I owe Him my life in service to Him. I like to call myself "a princess in training" because I'm learning to serve my King, Jesus Christ, the best way I can.

my profile | pictures | jena's photo album | serena's website | google |

Krissa
junior in college
19 years old
my birthday is June 19



LOVES;
PURPLE!!
havin' fun
hanging out with friends
baking cookies
writing
shopping
visiting my grandma


HATES;
being stumped
backstabbers
spiders
cloudy, windy days

Monday, November 06, 2006

My mom passed away at 11:40 on Friday night. I had the sweetest time
with my mom before she died. I feel so blessed and so thankful that the
Lord allowed me to have that time with her. At about 9 p.m., my sisters
and dad went to bed and I stayed up with mom. The plan was for me to
stay up with her until 3 a.m., then dad would stay with her for the rest
of the night.

From 9-11, I sat with mom and talked with her. I told her things that I
hadn't told anyone else, I read my favorite verses to her and prayed
with her. I cried a lot and kept telling her, "mom, I'm right by your
side, I'm not going to leave your side until you go home."

I don't know whether she heard me, whether she understood what I was
saying, but I needed that time to grieve, to tell her things I wanted
her to know before she died, and just to hold her hand and be close to
her.

At about 11:30, Dad had awakened in a cold sweat and couldn't go back to
sleep, so he came out to check on mom. He felt her pulse and heart rate
and said he didn't think she had much time left. He prayed with her,
then went downstairs to wake up Serena and Jena. I told mom, "Dad's
here, it's okay to go home." Her breathing was slower and more spaced
out. Then she opened both of her eyes real wide and looked straight at
me, she took two more breaths and while I was holding her hand, I
watched her go up into heaven.

It was the hardest thing I've ever done. But I'm so thankful I could be
by her side and that I spent the last few hours with her. We are all
hurting, but God is holding us in HIs right hand and is comforting our
hearts. We are so thankful she is in Heaven and is walking on the
streets of gold. Someday soon we will all be in Heaven with her.


purplegirl loves to chat! she wants your comments!




<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

Links to this post:

<$BlogBacklinkControl$> <$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>
posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>